The Grammy's Finest
We all remember the days of Jennifer Lopez’s iconic Versace dress, Lauryn Hill’s epic Grammy sweep, and the infamous Bob Dylan “Soy Bomb” incident, but the ceremony has come a bit undone in recent years. The good news? They’re definitely making a comeback. With their triumphant return to New York City, we were happy to see artists like Kendrick Lamar, Dave Chappelle, and Rihanna take home gilded gramophones. Although, we’re still scratching our heads at the whole Shaggy segment and wondering how favorites like Jay-Z, SZA, and Khalid got snubbed.
Our favorite moments this year were…
- When Dave Chappelle spewed realness during Kendrick Lamar’s controversial opening performance saying, “I just wanted to remind the audience that the only thing more frightening than watching a black man be honest in America is being an honest black man in America.”
- When Kesha showed us an empowering and emotional performance of “Praying” featuring Camila Cabello, Cyndi Lauper, Julia Michaels, Bebe Rexha, and Andra Day.
- When the one and only Hillary Clinton joined Cher, Cardi B, John Legend, and others for a hilarious reading of Fire and Fury.
4. When Logic performed “1-800-273-8255” featuring Best New Artist winner Alessia Cara, and Best New Artist nominee, Khalid, and used his platform to help shed light on those suffering with mental illnesses.
6. When Riri was out here getting it.
7. When we realized Childish Gambino can sing better than everyone else, act better than everyone else, and dress better than anyone else.
And of course, when Blue Ivy rocked a $2,700 Valentino purse and told her parents to chill.